“We can learn to develop awareness in our bodies, taking time the time and space to relax and release, to listen and look within, reclaiming the wisdom of the body, which we all have, but are usually to busy to notice” from Reclaiming the Wisdom of the Body by Sandra Hill. A lovely quote to say we need to recognise what we need to do to help ourselves, we all have this ability. Traditional/ Constitutional Five Element Acupuncture helps us recognise how to care for ourselves, helping us to understand our self and how we respond to the world, through emotions, actions and thoughts. Acupuncture treatment helps regain your health: you can assist this by addressing your lifestyle.
We need to care for
- Our Mind and Emotions
- Paying attention to our diet: how, when and what we eat and drink
- Balancing the body in activity and rest
- Sleeping well and significantly
- Having healthy relationships
- Enjoying nature, music, dance and art
- Taking care of lifestyle during pregnancy and after childbirth
- Caring for Children wisely
- Managing the aging process as well as possible
The mind, emotions, diet, exercise and sleep have the greatest impact as they apply at any stage of life. Like the four legs of a chair all need to be strong to support all four legs, if one is broken your system become unstable. (inspiration from Peter Deadmans book – Live Well Live Long) Please follow the blogs below to inspire you to take care of yourself and those around you. Also check out the Personality page to gain an understanding of how the Five Elements affect how you respond to the world.
Your Personality and Acupuncture read more . . .
For more information please contact Hannah on https://www.southwellacupuncture.co.uk/contact/