COVID-19 Guidelines for Attending Treatment at Southwell Acupuncture Clinic
Southwell Acupuncture Clinic is OPEN during COVID-19 for Careful Practice, with every patient being risk assessed prior to attending for each treatment. UK Government and British Acupuncture Council COVID safety guidelines are carefully followed for your safety.
Each patient is risk assessed prior to attending for each treatment, COVID safety is carefully followed to UK Government and British Acupuncture Council guidelines.
Extensive care is taken to keep cross infection at zero, with strict cleaning, ventilating, hand washing and mask hygiene.
Traditional Five Element Acupuncture helps you improve your whole health and wellbeing, helping with your immune system, mental and emotional health, pain control, stress of work, family and isolation, therefore important to keep having treatment.
Please follow the guidelines below for your safety, your Acupuncturist and the wider community
- Due to COVID19 all public places have created new rules for visitors to follow for their safety and the safety of others
- All treatments at Southwell Acupuncture Clinic are spaced half an hour apart to enable cleaning, disinfecting, changing linen and ventilating the treatment room for patient safety
- Track and Trace – there is a QR code available for you to scan at the clinic if you want to (You Need the NHS Track and Trace App to this) though confidential strict records are kept for patient’s arrival and departure in the clinic if patient needs to be contacted
- If you develop symptoms or have a positive COVID- 19 test please inform clinic immediately. Do not attend the clinic
- If you or someone you live with develops symptoms of Covid-19 by the time of the appointment, please contact clinic. Do not attend the clinic
- Please inform the clinic if you have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the last 10 days prior to your appointment
- If any of the above apply your appointment will need to be changed
- If your acupuncturist develops symptoms or has a positive COVID- 19 test you will be informed and your appointment changed
- We ask all visitors to the clinic to maintain a two-metre distance from all other people in the building at all times. The only exception to this is with your acupuncturist who will let you know when it is appropriate to approach under two metre, for how long and procedures required
- For social distancing reasons, unless you require assistance for specific support and care needs, we ask you to come alone for the appointment where possible unless a chaperone, parent or carer is required.
- Please leave accessory items in the car, or travel with as little as possible.
- While in treatment room acupuncturist when less than 2 metres apart from a face mask will be worn by both parties (exceptions see below)
Clinic Hygiene and Spacing
- Patient arrivals and departures are spaced half an hour apart so that all visitors to the clinic can remain socially distanced.
- The treatment room will be cleaned, disinfected and ventilated between each patient.
- Hand towels used are disposable single use only.
- Linen on couch is changed between each patient.
- When you arrive at the treatment room the door will be open
- You will receive a specific time for arrival
- Or when you arrive, please text from your car before entering.
- You will be asked wash your hands immediately upon entering the clinic, for at least 20 seconds. You will be directed to the appropriate facilities. There will be a poster nearby to demonstrate handwashing techniques recommended by the NHS. Please also wash your hands before leaving the clinic
- Hand sanitiser is also available as required
- Your acupuncturist will wash their hands before treatment and during treatment when required, also using hand sanitiser as required.
Face mask and respiratory hygiene
- Please can patients wear ordinary surgical masks to the clinic. You may bring your own or one can provide one for you upon entering the clinic.
- If you need to sneeze or cough while in the clinic, please do so into a disposable tissue and throw it away immediately. Please wash your hands immediately after doing so.
- Your acupuncturist will be wearing a mask for the whole appointment while carrying out your treatment.
- Exceptions to this is when required to treat points on the face, the patient’s mask can be removed and the acupuncturist will wear a mask and visor
- Cover both nose and mouth
- Not be allowed to dangle around the neck after or between each use
- Not be touched once put on
- Be changed when they become moist or damaged
- Be worn once and then discarded – hand hygiene must be performed after disposal
- It is important to make payments paperless, to reduce cross infection, so patients are asked if they can set up BACS payments from their bank before treatment. If you have a problem with this please contact the clinic, payments can be made via your online bank account or ringing your bank to organise the payment. If you cannot pay by BACS please bring cash in an envelope.
Missed or Cancelled Appointments
- We appreciate that unavoidable circumstances may dictate that you are not able to attend a pre-booked appointment.
- Should this be the case you must contact the clinic immediately to release the appointment for another patient.
Cancelling an Appointment
- A notice period of at least 24hrs is appreciated to avoid a ‘Missed Appointment Charge’ being made (COVID19 exceptions made)
These precautions are for both you and your acupuncturists safety to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Based on guidelines from the British Acupuncture Council and UK Government
Hannah Charles Lic Ac MBAcC Southwell Acupuncture Clinic