COVID -19 Guidelines
COVID -19 Guidelines for Attending Treatment at Southwell Acupuncture Clinic during COVID -19.
From Friday 10th December 2021 new rules for Plan B COVID restrictions come into force:-
Southwell Acupuncture Clinic is OPEN during COVID-19 for Careful Practice, with every patient being risk assessed prior to attending for each treatment. UK Government and British Acupuncture Council COVID guidelines are carefully followed for your safety.
Extensive care is taken to keep cross infection at zero, with strict cleaning and disinfecting, ventilating, hand washing and sanitising, mask and face hygiene.
Traditional Five Element Acupuncture helps you improve your whole health and wellbeing, helping with your immune system, mental and emotional health, pain control, stress of work, family and isolation, therefore it is important to continue treatment.
Please follow the guidelines below for your safety, your Acupuncturist and the wider community
- Due to COVID-19 in all public places there are guidelines for visitors to follow for their safety and the safety of others
- All treatments at Southwell Acupuncture Clinic are spaced half an hour apart to enable cleaning, disinfecting, changing linen and ventilating the treatment room for patient safety
- Track and Trace – there is a QR code available for you to scan at the clinic if you want to (You Need the NHS Track and Trace App to this) although confidential records are kept for patient’s arrival and departure in the clinic if patient needs to be contacted
Face Coverings for Acupuncture treatments
- From Friday 10th December 2021 new rules for Plan B COVID restrictions come into force – therefore face masks are a requirement in public places and continued use is required for close contact services
- Mask-wearing and the Equalities Act 2010 – if you have any reason that you feel you cannot wear a mask please inform your acupuncturist, treatment should be able to ahead
PPE worn by your Acupuncturist during your visit for Acupuncture Treatment
- At all times when your acupuncturist is in the room with you, they will be wearing a Type IIR FRSM face mask for your protection
- When under 2m from patient Type IIR FRSM face mask and eye protection will be worn by your acupuncturist
- When treating in the ‘high risk zone’ in the face area when no face mask is being worn by the patient, treatment will be carried out from the side of the face or behind the head for shortest periods of time possible with acupuncturist wearing Type IIR FRSM and face visor
- Please inform the clinic ASAP if any of the below apply and your appointment will need to be changed
- If you develop symptoms or have a positive COVID-19 test
- If you or someone you live with develops symptoms of Covid-19 by the time of the appointment
- If you have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the last 10 days prior to your appointment
- If you have been told to self-isolate
- If your acupuncturist develops symptoms or has a positive COVID- 19 test you will be informed and your appointment changed
- You will be asked to wash your hands immediately upon entering the clinic, for at least 20 seconds. You will be directed to the appropriate facilities. There will be a poster nearby to demonstrate handwashing techniques recommended by the NHS
- Please also wash your hands before leaving the clinic
- Hand sanitiser is also available as required
- Your acupuncturist will wash her hands before treatment and during treatment, when required, also using hand sanitiser as required
- Patients are asked to arrive at the scheduled time of their appointment to avoid patient crossover
- Half an hour is allowed between patients for changing linen, cleaning and ventilation
- All linen is changed between patients
- All surfaces which have had contact with patient or acupuncturist during appointment are cleaned with disinfect between patients
- Disposable hand towels are used by patient and acupuncturist
- Good ventilation brings fresh or cleaned air into the treatment room to reduce spread of COVID-19
- Windows are always opened between patients
- Windows around the building are open all day
- It is important to make payments paperless, to reduce cross infection, so patients are asked if they can set up BACS payments from their bank before treatment.
- If you have a problem with this, please contact the clinic
- Payments can be made via your online bank account or ringing your bank to organise the payment.
- If you cannot pay by BACS, please bring cash in an envelope.
Missed or Cancelled Appointments
- We appreciate that unavoidable circumstances may dictate that you are not able to attend a pre-booked appointment.
- Should this be the case you must contact the clinic immediately to release the appointment for another patient
Cancelling an Appointment
- A notice period of at least 24hrs is appreciated to avoid a ‘Missed Appointment Charge’ being made (COVID19 exceptions made)
These precautions are for both you and your acupuncturists safety to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Information based on guidelines from the British Acupuncture Council and UK Government
Hannah Charles Lic Ac MBAcC – Southwell Acupuncture Clinic