When you get Migraine’s you know it is not just a headache! I have treated many patients over my 26 years in practice who have described Migraines in many different ways. Every patient I have met with Migraines has a different experience of Migraine. This is why Traditional Five Element Acupuncture is such an effective way to treat Your Migraine, we treat the person as a whole not just the problem.
Why do I get a Migraine
There are many different reasons why each individual gets Migraine from hormone imbalance, stress, fatigue, insomnia, certain foods and additives, family history, anxiety, emotional upheaval, medications and contraceptives, environmental factors, age related. Migraine can be caused by one or many of these factors.
Finding the Root Cause
- When you come for Traditional Five Element Acupuncture at the first appointment which is 1 ½ hours long, your Acupuncturist will ask about your whole system.
- Stating with medical history and any medications and supplements taken and what treatment you are presently having.
- How does Migraine affect you – when, how often, how long, after effects, where is the pain, does it change, any triggers and more.
- Note is taken of any other health issues both emotional and physical.
- We look at your diet, sleep, movement and exercise, relationships, work, family, family medical history, living situation, digestion and elimination, allergies, fluid and alcohol intake, hobbies, work life balance and what ever as you as the patient and your Acupuncturist feel is relevant.
- From this your treatment plan is decided.
- When you start to have Traditional Five Element Acupuncture treatment, at your first appointment as well as history taken you will start treatment too.
- After it is advisable to have about six more treatments close together, though this can differ as to how you respond to treatment.
- Ideally then it is good to look at having treatments spaced out at about four to six weeks as a maintenance treatment to keep you well..
- Traditional Five Element Acupuncture is a preventative treatment to keep you well as a whole as well as keeping your Migraines away.
- If you have other issues causing you problems these will be addressed during you treatment because we treat the person rather than just the disorder, finding the root cause.
- The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) published a guideline for chronic pain in April 2021 stating that painkillers should no longer be prescribed for longer-term Chronic Pain – which Migraine was included in this. Acupuncture was one of the four treatments recommended.
- To quote ‘Acupuncture is an effective treatment for a range of pain-related conditions’
- There is much research that endorses Acupuncture to be used to treat Migraine this is why the NICE guidelines are recommending Acupuncture
- Though Acupuncture has been around for thousands of years treating these people and conditions
- So many reasons to come and have acupuncture for your Migraine and general Wellbeing
For information and treatment Contact Hannah on :- https://www.southwellacupuncture.co.uk/contact/