As COVID-19 continues to have impact in our lives, other parts of life have not stopped. Menopause continues to affect many women and may be made worse by the stress the continuing worries of the impact on work, finances, family and relationships.
Perimenopause and Menopause can be an overwhelming change in a woman’s life, the hormone changes can affect every aspect of life.
The theme of World Menopause Day 2020 is Premature Ovarian Insufficiency (POI)
Premature Ovarian Insufficiency (POI)
- Is the loss of function of the ovaries in women who are less than 40 years of age.
- The ovaries are not releasing eggs regally and do not produce typical amounts of oestrogen.
- Women with POI may have irregular or no periods, some may have menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes
- Spontaneous early menopause may affect around five in every 100 women.
Why do women get Premature Ovarian Insufficiency
- an autoimmune disease – where the immune system starts attacking body tissues
- Hormonal imbalances
- certain infections
- chromosome abnormalities
- Premature ovarian failure can sometimes run in families. This might be the case if any of your relatives went through the menopause at a very young age (20s or early 30s).
- Cancer treatments Radiotherapy, chemotherapy and surgery
- Trauma, stress and overexertion
All these situations put the Body, Mind and Spirit under a great deal of strain.Traditional Five Element Acupuncture is a natural and effective way to help the whole system on all levels of Body, Mind and Spirit. Acupuncture can improve your quality of life and inspire you to take a positive perspective on the changes happening in your life. Acupuncture can also help restore your natural rhythms after illness, treatments and trauma, such as cancer.
Menopause is the time that marks the end of your menstrual cycles. A state of perimenopause is when you are going through much of the upset and imbalance. When there has been no menstrual period for 12 months this is then menopause. During perimenopausal time your periods can be irregular, light, heavy or a constant bleed, each woman responds differently, this can have been going on for years.
During perimenopause and menopause your body is not as efficient at balancing your natural rhythms of cooling, calming, moistening and balancing hormones. Problems with menopause can be;
- Hot flushes; day and night
- Memory, Concentration problems
- Tiredness and Brain Fog
- Heightened Emotions; Irritability, Anxiety and Mood Swings, can trigger depression
- Body dryness; Vaginal Dryness and Painful Sex, Loss of Libido, Bone Density decreases and Skin can become dry
- Aching joints
- Bladder problems, Frequent Urination often at night and Pelvic Floor weakness
- Weight gain and Disrupted appetite
- Bladder problems
- Weakness in whole system making you vulnerable to illness or relapse in conditions
Do not suffer in silence let Traditional Five Element Acupuncture help you.
For more information and treatment please Contact Hannah on:https://www.southwellacupuncture.co.uk/contact/
Pateints are presently welcome to my clinic during this COVID-19 time, please see my COVID-19 safety guidelines ;-https://www.southwellacupuncture.co.uk/covid-19-guidelines-for-attending-treatment-at-southwell-acupuncture-clinic/