The COVID situation carries on, though other parts of life have not stopped; Menopause continues to affect many women and may be made worse by the stress of lockdown and all that goes with this.
Perimenopause and Menopause can be an overwhelming change in a woman’s life, the hormone changes can affect every aspect of life.
Please watch this British Acupuncture Council video and read on for more help.
Menopause is the time that marks the end of your menstrual cycles. A state of perimenopause is when you are going through much of the upset and imbalance. When there has been no menstrual period for 12 months this is then menopause. During perimenopausal time your periods can be irregular, light, heavy or a constant bleed, each woman responds differently, this can have been going on for years. Menopause can start in your 40s or 50s, but the average age is 51, it can also come early in your 30’s.
During perimenopause and menopause your body is not as efficient at balancing your natural rhythms of cooling, calming, moistening and balancing hormones. Problems with menopause can be;
- Hot flushes; with bad effect on sleep and disrupting in daytime; about 30-70% of women in Western countries will experience vasomotor symptoms, such as hot flushes and night sweats (Freeman 2007; Melby 2005).
- Insomnia, Night Sweats
- Memory, Concentration problems
- Tiredness and Brain Fog
- Heightened Emotions; Irritability, Anxiety and Mood Swings, can trigger depression
- Body dryness; Vaginal Dryness and Painful Sex, Loss of Libido, Bone Density decreases and Skin can become dry
- Aching joints
- Bladder problems, Frequent Urination often at night and Pelvic Floor weakness
- Weight gain and Disrupted appetite
- Weakness in whole system making you vulnerable to illness or relapse in conditions
Traditional Five Element Acupuncture is a natural and effective way to deal within perimenopause and menopause treating your natural rhythms. Helping the whole system on all levels of Body, Mind and Spirit, acupuncture can improve your quality of life and inspire you to take a positive perspective on the changes happening in your life. Helping you find your way to the other side and become the calm happy and wise woman.
For more information and treatment please Contact Hannah on: https://www.southwellacupuncture.co.uk/contact/