As we find our way towards normality the Earth element can help us with our transformation. The Earth element can be thought of as the centre, the time of Late Summer with Harvest. Alternatively, the transition between seasons as transformation happens. As we go through a time of transformation and change the positive Qi of Earth can help us find our way out into the world again as lockdown restrictions change.
Lockdown stopped Yang expanding in Springtime, stagnating our Qi and natural rhythms, which may have caused the emotion of Earth – Worry and Sympathy to be exacerbated. Before you read on please check out the Five Element Personalities page on my website, and you will have an understanding when reading the rest of this blog and how it relates to you! (link here) https://www.southwellacupuncture.co.uk/acupuncture-five-elements/
The Spirit of Earth is Yi, and is the force that impresses visions and patterns in our lives. The Earth element emotions can be worry and anxiety these can be useful to anticipate danger and plan strategies though when these emotions become out of balance a person can become overwhelmed and obsessive. Sympathy is also associated with Earth which can have been challenging in lockdown either because you have to give out too much sympathy as you are caring for someone alone, or you are unable to care for others as you have been cut off from them. This can also manifest in not caring for yourself and putting everyone before yourself.
The Element Earth and its Spirit Yi can manifest in many ways:
- Clear thought
- Obsessive thinking and worry
- Always pleasing others and then resenting it
- Brooding in one’s own problems
- Attracting co-dependent relationships
- Having deep unresolved mother issues
- Inability to digest emotions, easily stuck
- Difficulty in manifesting ideas and on the material plane
- Hording and over consuming
- Prolonged feelings of shame and guilt
Signs that can come from stagnation and imbalance in the Earth Element can be:
- Fatigue and poor sleep
- Digestive disorders
- Obesity, extremely low body weight
- Eating disorders
- Muddled thinking
If you recognise any of these feelings and signs, your Earth Element may be out of balance. Activities that can help can be:
- Creating a good relationship to food
- Cooking for yourself and others
- Regulate eating habits, avoid sugars
- Avoid clutter in your space
- Daily exercise or movement
- If you care for others, take time for yourself
- Hold yourself accountable
- Keep your word and practice saying “no”
- Spend time in gardens
- Take small steps toward accomplishments
- Acknowledge yourself for accomplishments
- Give yourself time to hear your heart sing
- Be kind to yourself
With the Five Element system every individual has a Gaudian Element or Causative Factor as you have read about on personality page on the website. The Five Elements of Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, Wood. Each element has a connection to natures time of year, your Spirit, emotions and much more. This affects how a person may have responded to lockdown. We all have every element within us so you may relate to each element, though one will resonate more with you.
Southwell Acupuncture Clinic is now open for careful practice – see blog https://www.southwellacupuncture.co.uk/blog/2020/06/30/return-to-full-practice-with-care/ as Lockdown eases, so please get in touch and arrange to come for acupuncture treatment to help you become balanced and well as we find our way back into normality.
Contact Hannah on: https://www.southwellacupuncture.co.uk/contact/
Thank you for inspiration for this Blog from Anastacia White.
ps – More about Metal, Water, (to follow) Wood (19th June) Fire (June 25th) looking at the emotions: Joy, Anger, Worry, Grief and Fear.