In this climate COVID 19 each and every person has been affected by some degree of Loss, the obvious is that a person close to your heart has died, which has been made more tragic by the lack of ability to be able to share in your grief, with funerals wakes and contact can be extremely difficult.
Looking how each of us have been affected by loss in this time even if you are able to go to work the way you interact with the environment you work in is dramatically changed, reducing support. Those who are unable to go to work the loss of work and income. Those who do not work but are unable to mix loss of support network loss of contact. Children and students have loss of structure of school. Therefore, loss appears in many ways.
Loss, Grief and not being able to let go in Traditional Five Element Acupuncture is related to the Metal Element. The organs and functions are the Lung and Colon. These work together as a team, one taking in the pure, the other eliminating waste, with tranquillity and inspiration when in balance.
If these organs are not able to do their jobs properly, the result may be physical ailments such as bronchitis, shortness of breath, cough, allergies, nasal congestion, emphysema, colds, sore throat, constipation, diarrhoea, spastic colon, and abdominal pain.
Emotionally we may feel depression, stubbornness, inability to let go, isolation and negativity. We see the dark side in everything, all the things that could go wrong.
If we continue to feel loss and not let go waste keeps building up in our whole system in Body, Mind and Spirit and we are unable to take in purity. Of course, we would not choose to act and feel that way anymore than we would choose to have constipation this shows imbalance within you.
During this time if you are struggling with Loss and missing ‘normal’ life, there are ways that we can help ourselves with these emotions and finding some structure in these difficult times.
- Walk in the fresh Air, breath in and refresh yourself, this can be time to yourself to reset yourself each day, Breath in clear fresh inspiration and Breath out clearing out what is not needed
- Take time each day to breathe slowly and deeply. As you inhale the clean air, feel yourself energized and purified. Feel the old negativity, impurity, and pain leave your Body, Mind and Spirit. Then contemplate briefly who you are without these identifications.
- Do a mental inventory examine attitudes prejudices, envies, hatreds, jealousies, resentments stored within your system. When possible, contact those with whom you harbour old stuff, attempt to resolve the hurtful old issues, and then let them go.
- For issues you cannot resolve directly with others, or for old issues with yourself, write them on paper, being as specific as possible. Then burn the paper, symbolically releasing the content.
- Go through your cupboards, desk, garage, any cluttered storage area-and discard what you no longer need. Decluttering and clear you out in Body Mind and Spirit.
- If all these feel a bit overwhelming just start with taking deep breaths, a good way to do this is to: breath in lifting your arm up and breath out lowering your arms the movement helps you move your breath and Qi.
I hope this helps you get through each day taking in the good and letting out what is not needed.
For more information do contact me Hannah on: https://www.southwellacupuncture.co.uk/contact/
To understand the Five Elements in YOU check out my personality page: https://www.southwellacupuncture.co.uk/acupuncture-five-elements/